The Ten Commandments of Firearms Safety1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
3. Don't rely on your gun's safety mechanism.
4. Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
5. Use proper ammunition that which is prescribed for that weapon. [warranties can become null and void if you do not - especially pertains to re-loaders.]
6. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
7. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
8. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
9. Don't alter or modify your gun and have it serviced regularly by a qualified, certified gunsmith.
10. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.