Looking for a tasty soup for the continuing colder nights as winter approaches. This recipe, attained from my aunt's Facebook page, is a yummy hot meal.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, diced or 1 tablespoon onion flakes
10 ounces frozen spinach, unthawed
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water
32 ounces chicken broth, low sodium
Family size package of cheese or chicken tortellini, half cooked
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Saute' garlic, celery, carrots, and onion until tender.
- Add frozen spinach, breaking up blocks as cooked; continue to cook until spinach thaws and heats up.
- Add cream of chicken soup and water.
- Add chicken broth and tortellini until all cooked.