Like the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup? Make it yourself on those cold, blistery days you want to stay at home with soup and a warm fire. Makes 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 large diced onion
4 tablespoons bacon pieces
2 teaspoons garlic puree
10 cups water
5 cubes chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb sliced Russet potatoes (or red potatoes) – 3 large potatoes
¼ bunch of kale
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while your prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions, and garlic over low-medium heat for 15 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it begins to boil.
- Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sausage and kale, let all heat through and serve with crackers.