NEVER respond to an email request for confidential information.
Capital Credit Union members have reported receiving emails that appear to be coming from CCU with a subject of “Your Online Banking Has Been Blocked.” We did NOT send an email of this nature.
If you receive such an email, please delete it immediately! Do not click on any links in the email.
Check out https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/
tips/ST15-001 for tips on avoiding phishing scams.
During periods of national economic downslides, crime rises and the Flim-Flam scam artists come out of the woodwork. Looking back into history, the 1930s marked the 'Great Depression' when crime was a continual problem. People that normally would not have anything to do with the criminal element, were forced to do things to feed their families. A good example are those that worked for the bootleggers, et cetera, during the Prohibition era.
I noticed in the FBI news reports that arrests made for illegal drug related crimes have become numerous, covering the gamut from heroin and cocaine to meth. Recently it was reported that heroin use and trafficking has increased. That is not only an alarm concerning society, but heroin trafficking is a major fund raiser for Islamic Jihadists; another example of their religious hypocrisy. It seems anything they do, even when it is against the basic principles and fundamentals of a healthy, ethic society, it is okay when it is done in the name of the omnipotent.
Here is an FBI listing of recent crime headlines:
- Hartford Heroin Trafficker Sentenced
- Construction Worker Sentenced for Cocaine Delivery
- Virginia Man Gets 16-Year Prison Sentence for Robbing Drug Dealers ... this one is weird. It was team of four men who made raids on drug dealers homes West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. Allegedly it was being trafficked from Detroit [Democrat controlled for 50+ years and model city for Obama economics). One of the four may get 30 years imprisonment or life in prison. The team not only stole drug money, but drugs and firearms on the premises. It is weird because the team that robs drug traffickers end up in prison with the drug dealers. One would think they would be on an anti-drug campaign if it weren't the fact that they didn't just steal money and firearms, but the dealer's illegal drugs as well. According to the FBI report: The group targeted drug dealers because they believed the dealers were not likely to call the police.
- Augusta Man Pleads Guilty to Pharmacy Robbery Charge
Fraud and Scam Related Crimes:
- Attorney Pleads Guilty to Bank Fraud Charge
- Miami Home Health Company Pleads Guilty for $6.9 Million Medicare Fraud
- Pennsylvanian Man Admits to Defrauding $2.5 Million from Computer Companies
- Man Sentenced for Defrauding Orange County in Scheme to Manufacture Pain-Relief Back Brace
To report potential e-scams, please go the Internet Crime Complaint Center and file a report. Note: the FBI does not send mass e-mails to private citizens about cyber scams, so if you received an e-mail that claims to be from the FBI Director or other top official, it is most likely a scam.If you receive unsolicited e-mail offers or spam, you can forward the messages to the Federal Trade Commission at email@example.com.