Montana Senator Janna Taylor introduced a bill: Primacy of Montana Law that will nullify any “court, arbitration or administrative agency ruling” that uses any foreign law. Effectively it is an anti-Sharia bill modeled off similar legislation that has passed in Louisiana, Kansas, and Tennessee.
Robert Spencer wrote:
Hamas-linked CAIR will no doubt complain that this law would violate the religious freedom of individual Muslims. Non-Muslims want to outlaw the elements of Sharia that interfere with Constitutionally protected freedoms, not Islam as an individual religious practice. These anti-Sharia measures are aimed at political Islam, an authoritarian ideology at variance with the Constitution in numerous particulars: Sharia denies the freedom of speech, the freedom of conscience, and the equality of rights of all people before the law. That is what people want to restrict, and the elements of Sharia that contradict Constitutional freedoms are all they want to restrict. [Daily InterLake]
February Waste Watch report:
- USAID [US Agency for International Development] is planning to spend $10.4 million to “empower” young girls in Malawi to use birth control to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, especially HIV. In Obama's National Security Strategy paper, includes a segment that addresses more interaction with Africa; which means more foreign people welfare paid for by US citizens. It is a practice that must stop. US politicians over the decades believe they can purchase friendliness of nations, when the real problem with nations seeking aid is their political infrastructure and type of government system. Much like what is the problem here in the US – politicians seeking more and more government control, using alarm tactics and plain lies, playing upon emotions of gullible citizens who have been educated in government controlled educational institutions.
- A federal grant that will cost $990,000 for high school students in Los Angeles that scores below average on 8th grade reading and math tests, will finance how to inform sell Obamacare to their parents/families – all part of a $43 million federal grant. Schools who fall below the standards required to enter colleges and universities do not deserve grants. In addition, grants were not or ever created to bolster government propaganda and frivolous programs. This is indoctrination and conducive to socialism and communism; of which Obama and friends are no stranger to.
- USDA awarded a $149,074 grant to study shopping patterns.
- Civilian workers are furloughed but Pentagon has funds for Gitmo prisoners recreation, like TVs, spending $8o,000+ in the last two months.
- State Department plans to spend $95,000 to teach Haitian inmates how to sew. Sometimes it is unbelievable what our government does with our tax money – and then has the nerve to ask for more, seeking taxation in ways that people won't notice. That is until they actually do a budget analysis and find they get to keep less and less of the earned money while government continues its spending curve only offering a small reduction here and there to make it look like the government is budgeting.
- National Science Foundation is giving $487,000 of your tax funds to a Brown University archaeologist for a “three-year study exploring gender, textiles and society in Ireland from the Viking Age to help to “mitigate climate change”.
- And finally, but not certainly a complete listing: NIH spends $3 million to study health risks of dating Mexican prostitutes.
No aggressive nation should bother to bring the United States down – We the People and those they elect are self destructing.