|WILD MUSHROOM BEEF STEW|
This is a Wisconsin recipe, but also popular in Alaska and the stew I make most often in winter; sometimes substituting beef with venison …
1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
1/8 cup flour or 1 pkg brown gravy mix
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups beef broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup green beans (my addition)
1 carrot, sliced (or baby carrots whole)
1 cup broccoli, diced (my addition)
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon Basil
½ teaspoon Oregano
4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 medium potatoes, diced
1 green onion with stalk, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
White or Wild Rice or Cheese Pirogi [Perogi] - Pirogi is my addition replacing traditional rice.
- Place beef in Crock Pot or large Dutch oven.
- Mix flour and other seasoning in a bowl. Mix Worcestershire and broth in separate bowl.
- Pour flower/seasoning mixture over meat and mix well.
- Add vegetables and broth mixture, stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high heat for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir before serving on cooked rice or cooked Pirogi. Serve with biscuits.