Makes 4 servings.
4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
½ cup milk
seasoned bread crumbs
2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 or 4 garlic cloves, minced or sliced thinly with razor blade
8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more to preference
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (16 oz), suggest Emeril brand. Or scratch sauce thickened
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs.
- Heat the olive oil with sliced or minced garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken in hot oil on both sides until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in baking dish.
- Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two slices on each breast. Pour your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese either hand grated (¼ cup) or from jar and more mozzarella slices to taste.
- Bake at 35o°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti or rotini pasta (spoon sauce from pan on pasta, & sprinkle with Parmesan - top with chicken), garlic bread, and green salad.